5.06.2009

The Kind of Love I Want For Me

I want the kind of love that endures

The same kind of love I’d climb mountains for

Or travel to some distant shore

I want the kind of love for which I’d break down doors

A love that isn’t bound by one’s personalities

A love that opens your eyes to the beauty of the trees

And the grace in the flight of bees

And your heart beats to a new melody

I want a patient love that just allows me to be me

Without standards that falsely measure my heart’s capacity

A love that doesn’t need a barometer

A love so perfect that you can just let it be

I want a love that is born out of caring and respect

So neither one of us are ever accused of or faced with neglect

A love that is nurtured with understanding

A love that is not so demanding

I want a love that makes me rush to get home

To remind her that she will never be alone

I want a love that makes me once again believe

And not have to worry about being deceived

I want the kind of love that makes me cry

Not that I want to cry… but let me explain why

It reminds me that for me the love would not be a lie

That kind of love where you don’t have to even try

A pure love because there is an ease and comfort that it brings

And makes it easy to kneel on one knee holding a wedding ring

The kind of love that opens your ears to hear the angels sing

And opens your heart to the world’s greatest thing

I want a love that flourishes with time

I want a love that simply promises to be

Everything that I ask for in this rhyme

That’s the kind of love I want for me

No comments: