5.03.2009

30/30 *sorry it's late... I wrote it ont he 29th... just forgot to post**

Yo!
Stop tryin' to save the world with ya f@%#& pen!!
Ink doesn't stop bullets!
thoughts don't clog needles

...A voice of the people?
you mean the same people you drive by on Chase or Biddle?
the housing projects, broken swings in the middle
The people who grind and toil
mouths dry as sun soaked soil from the lack of ambition
the distasteful fluid of defeat overwhelms saliva glands
you say you're their "mans"
when open hands and closed fist transactions are shamefully gazed upon
this is what their day is based upon
their Sparta
true life brave hearts
pump the same fluid as past slave's hearts

misguided and lead astray
show me the day your pen becomes a staff and you lead paths from dismay to paradise
parting red seas of blood from undeserving individuals

Messenger?
writer?
Poet?
spoken artists meant to diffuse the delusional truth
and your F$%#& pen!


I delegate for no man, woman, or child
streets are wild
but while my eyes are open
soaking in the juice of sin
I do speak thru my pen
and begin to lift lives thru my lines
between or inside
because just as stray bullets can end a life
my stray thoughts can change one
and one aftr another makes some
and by the time I'm done I'll have a few
several by my side to do what I do
words by way of ink CAN jam a glock
or break plungers inside of needles,
rather break away users from needles so they don't plunge them in their skin
I am but a voice
here by choice to change and amend
disrupt daily drills by pen
yes I can reach the souls of men
or I can't
I am as conscious about the struggle as the next man enduring it
I am as hungry for success as the person beside me pursuing it

Get off my pen.

No comments: