4.29.2009

29/30

Did I take this too literal?
Has literacy affected me, I mean infected me
I've detected the need to write
This unusual addiction to place inscriptions on blank slates
for about thirty days I have blessed page after page
and if words could tell my years in age
I would no longer be twenty three
i'd be in my forties, pouring the essence of wisdom from mind to matter
using my daily experiences as fuel to sharpen your image
my timeless observations would hold the potency of aged liquor
as it falls of my breath hovering over my ankles
It looks as if I can walk on clouds, as my thoughts create my mystique
my unique appearance
slumped on one side, hair carrying the scent of fallen gods
my words would leave totem poles etched
as phrases spiral to the heavens each word squaring its meaning after the next
I'd be the finer type of poet
old school and classy...yet mind revolving around modern issues
I'm the underground lariat
the social male spinster
The local washed up hero saving words for rainy days
scripting life on his daily page
30 days aged me twenty years

No comments: