12.15.2008

Never finished this...almost 6 months ago.

Giant Steps

July 25, 2008

Giant Steps

    Giant steps

Giant steps

 

So I had a moment to look at my life and examine what is left

   Took this second to appreciate the Giant Steps

You know

    the accomplishments, and the successes

  overcoming defeat, trudging through all the stresses

Like I learned my lesson and took a step back from some things

 This Giant Step back from succumbing to heavy drinking

 Progressing to a giant step forward to submit to heavy thinkin’

I was on the brink when

   Friendships were clenched by the thinness of a thread

And i could witness what was bread from disorderly behavior

So I prayed to my Savior and asked for another chance

I promised I wouldn’t dance with temptation nor thwart another relation

I was relieving frustrations through unnecessary altercations

So I looked in front of my feet, and saw the gap before me

Took a great leap, and amounted to a giant step

 

No comments: