2.03.2009

Groundhogs Day Thought

Groundhogs Day is the DUMBEST holiday created
who ever made i was probably drunk the evening prior to its conception
Who would desire to think about an uncommon animal and his decision to look (or not ) at his shadow?
And why would we think to see if he cares at his shadow?
I didn't look at mine so maybe it will be warm this Friday
He didn't see his own so it will snow until May
Amazing
Superstitious 
We pray on his decision like we're religious
It's marked on calendar and advertised nationwide

The poor lil' fella can not hide
what if the chosen hog was shy 
    or self conscious
He wouldn't want this
To have the one day spotlight of fame
While hogs nationwide praise his name 

If I were the guy I wouldn't appear until tomorrow
Scaring silly Americans and inciting sorrow
Or I'd come out with strobe lights, smoke, and theme music
galloping to an erect position 
playing with people's superstition or fears
Only they wouldn't determine what I was able to see, things wouldn't be so clear
I'd be donned with shades
Ray Bans so they cannot tell whether I viewed my shadow which fell 45 degrees to my north
I'd play this day up for all it's worth.
NOTHING

No comments: