2.14.2009

Happy (f#$@ your) Valentine's Day



Ahh yes the commercial, capitalism, made up, fake-me-out, hall mark holiday! Oh am I saying this because I don't have a valentine? Not at all. Contrary to what love ideals I possess, I choose to not succumb to a holiday that encourages my finances to diminish just because someone said so. Plus my Valentines Day track record is not very good, everyone I've been involved in had me spending a significant amount of money and receiving little to nothing in return (not even a smile). So sucks to the holiday that requires roses to make her cheeks rosie-red. Disastrous. Yes, just thinking about the years prior makes me cringe. Breaking my piggy bank this year will not be done, I promised mom I wouldn't do it unless I had a significant girlfriend,( and well the line is empty). I will probably remain indoors so I don't have the collage of couples cascading down the promenade in my sight. 

No comments: