10.23.2008

EMOtional Hangover

"You promised we’d always be friends… yeah well I lied,"

A great statement concerning the situation between two individuals. One person seeing the solution to his trouble by total deletion, erase the memory of her from his life. With the hopes that a simple song, word, smell or movie can not remind him of the total agony of not having her. And what does she want? To know friends is what they'll be, that vibe, that interaction where the former elation and relation is denoted. The possibility of friends seems ever so distant, where phone calls, text, and emails all evolve to obsolete. Smiling photos become burning pins through the bottom right of his heart.

I don’t need you as my friend, as my friend I can’t kiss you, as your friend I cant touch you, like this… as your friend I am nothing. And if I shall have you, I relinquish every ounce of effort I took to diminish you from my spirit. Touching the tip of an iceberg for the time and quality of time I’d like to spend with you…

Man, I hate the phrase just as much as I hate using it, because ultimately it is a lie. I don’t want to hear about your days, your job, your love interest, your enjoyed time without me. I want no part, until I have had the time to extinguish the fire that burned inside of my soul. I’d rather sit alone coping with a violin in the dimly lit cool October night. Serenading melancholy thoughts to dissipate in the air, or to be burned from the moons glow. Regardless it’s not easy to cope.

No comments: