10.21.2008

Our decision approaches

The countdown begins.

Only a couple of weeks until election commences and boy do we have history in the making.  My mother told me that she is fearful for Obama and his family. I can understand that comment, watching the old Spike Lee flick Malcolm X, the threats on his life were the slippery slope to his demise. It was almost as if he sacrificed himself in the end. But, I'm not discussing the history of Malcolm X, more like the story of Obama.

On the radio, Michael Baisden played sound clips from "the American people" and their response to Obama. Some saying and insisting, "HE's An ARAB! He is an A-RAB" you know how the Southerners speak. Well, I don't think we can tell them fifty times that he is not, because they won't listen. Clear example of how backward society can only look in one direction.

Another said, "If we let this Neggres (neeh- grehs) in the White House, the country is going to fall." Wow, someone who used that terminology knows what's right and wrong for our country? I don't want to think negative in any way, but we can't endure an assassination, I think if we did have to face it riots and revolution is bound to follow suit. So many issues will come to light and people may fight again...fight for rights. Maybe music will be empowering versus demoralizing. Sides will be formed and justice is used in people's vocabulary once again.
As much as I want that... I don't want a life to become the symbol for it. I hope the outcome of the election does not rub anyone that wrong.

Die for a just cause, or die just cause
-i think i will put that in a poem-

No comments: