10.09.2008

Starving Artist Piece 10-9-08 Kezia A. Snipe & Th3rd

Th3rd
Words, words, words couldn't begin to describe
shoot words can't pay the bills to keep me inside
Cause outside there is turmoil, blood spilt on spoil and plots to foil a ghost enemy
but back on our front I'm realizing minute by minute how life is harder than hard
words don't pay attention to bills, they only fill date and show the money I owe
when i refuge to the pages, I want the sages and the saints to erase my complaints
an artist hungry to be heard,
an artist starving to live
all I need is these words to give
BACK

Kezia
unemployed poets
just tryin to make some noise
poised to hear anything but recession
and yet tryin to make ends off this gifted expression
but I get lifted expectin the best and facin the worst hopin on God's busy watch He might think of us first
I knew what it was like to be full and spittin right
but I'm learning what it's like to be hungry for the life switch and
reaching for the light switch cuz it's hard to move right in darkness

Th3rd
So what now?
Opt out and select something to settle
Sellout and disrespect my purpose for writing
I'll continue fighting and starving because thats the better course of action
It's unfortunate that my funds are really lacking
But, if I can get paid for the words I write
then maybe I might hate this job too
It's the only time being free to express never has dues
but when i'm updated on the news and the crisis
and wonder why many don't like this
well its work hard or bite this
no one is waiting and helping hands are rare
people are concerned about themselves and no one really cares
so when i wait come tax time and look in the mail
check out the money I owe and how the government is giving me hell
Its crazy the economy didn't improve when then congress approved the bail
I wont feel too bad 'cause at least I didnt rely on words and personal book sales

Kezia
So my domain remains this pen and paper
escaped to a pc because at least her words won't play her
I can't front I'm detecting cynicism in my own tone more annoying and distinct that collectors callin my home phone
Lord Jesus phone home! this isn't like me at all
Bitterness is for those who can't accept what befalls
RIGHT? Maybe not...just feels like I'm gettin teased and nothing is appearing to appease
and it's almost like no one is trying to reach
in all honesty a pity party simply ain't my style
but a jacked perspective on life ain't a good look for the child

Th3rd
I don't know what to do, but i wont fall
I have no where to go, and no one to call

A tall range of doubt and pessimism lurk over my head

Yet I look over its hunched shoulders and toward the light instead

I'm hurt because no one wants me,
I cry cuz the industries taunt me

Available yet unqualified

Amazing, yet denied

We'll call you, just to decline

It's a wonder if I can survive,
OH sis keep me alive

keep these words aligned
we need to define ourselves
s
So we can turn words into wealth, 
or some systematic arrangement,
I'm complaining complacent

my life is adjacent to what I want

Kezia
Bro grab my hand and I'll grab yours
We'll both conquer this growing force to keep us down
While we we try not to get down in the depths or drown in debt
or frown at that this wreck of a mess in which we reside
like the gambler said to the dealer
let it ride
Ultimately life is gonna be what it is
and me and you can make it, I'll just gotta know how to deal
So life is yours for the taking and great is mine for the taking
So I conclude a GREAT LIFE is yours and mine for the making

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! Love it!!!!