10.22.2008

Why falling in love with a poet is a bad idea.

Okay, well here are my reasons for being in love with a poet is not so bright. And you can not use these against me, because like Common said, "I got my side card baby I'm a (mechanic)." He chose to say actor, I haven't made it there yet, that's in progress. 

So, why not? It would be romantic, wouldn't it? Well yea, but unless the artist is able to detach oneself from their work, and often we're not. Then you're setting yourself up for pain. I mean think about it, We, us poets, use words to convey, display, paint, narrate, describe moods, setting, emotions and observations. A talented artist is able to construct ones work from the tiniest prick of motivation, turning a smile into "she loves me," and a gesture into, "I want the world to end." Words are our best friend, and words are our own enemy. So, a poet can tell you everything in the world, things you only find in...oh yeah POEMS. 

So, its a deadly game to become involved within, especially the hopeless romantic ones, (I've evolved). What can only be worse than falling for a poet, is a poet falling for a poet. Then you've created word war III. Misinterpreted emotions, confused feelings, words with words to give you... words and less emotion.  I've had a few people in my life refusing to become emotionally invested because words are my allies... failing to realize they are my foes as well. 

No comments: