11.09.2008

Excerpt from "Love, Sex & Hate"

David was aware that whatever activity the two of them experienced it was to filled with spontaneity, laughs and women.

        “You know what? I was goin’ to chill with this new girl that’s taken to me, but shit, I’ll clear plans,” said Mike excitedly.

        “You sure about that? I’m not interested in breaking up your evening, especially if its with someone new, we’ll hang out next week,” David said.

       “Nah man, its not that important, let’s go to the club.”

       “The club?” David asked uninterested.

       “I know you ain’t into the club scene, I’m talking about the strip club man,” said Mike.     

       “I kind of had a feeling that’s what you meant, what do you have there, you know any of the dancers or you just want to go?” Asked David.    

       “I don’t know any of them, but I heard they do crazy things, trying to see what all the talk is about.”

       “That’s cool. I will probably pass Mike, hang out with your lady friend,” said David.

       “Alright man, everything cool? You sound a bit out of it.”

“I’m fine, I was a little sick, but I feel better now. Hey, I will talk to you later, okay?”     Said David.

 “Cool, just hit me up,” Mike said. 

David hung up the phone. He thought about calling Curtis next, but then word would get back to Eryka that they hung out. He was also reluctant because they would probably do the usual: sip beers, watch television, and talk about the women that they are seeing.

Work ended on a bright note, David announced a salary increase for one of his clients, meaning he too would have an increase in his bonus. David took it upon himself to head to an upscale bar after work and accommodate himself for a few drinks during happy hour. As expected the place was abounding with business professionals and a few money- chasing women. It was until David enjoyed his second drink when a woman approached him.

            “Hello, I’m Jaime”

  “Hey, Jaime, I’m Marcus,” David said.

David presented this alias when he sensed a woman was a prostitute, or starving for a bank roller.

        “Nice to meet you Marcus, how are you?” Jaime asked. 

        “I’m well, so what’s your story?”

        “My story?” Jaime asked puzzled.

 

No comments: