11.25.2008

Someone had to challenge my other blog didn't they!?


Wait, wait, wait, waaiii, waiiiit waiiiitt a minute. Usually, I do not concern myself with celebrity gossip and or information about the lives of just another person. Yet, I could not ignore the small caption that linked to Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Pete Wentz's newborn baby. I believe she gave birth a few days ago, but the importance of that is not relevant, especially if you want to talk about her rankings in the celeb-world. Anyways, I peeked at the article (Thanks hotmail!) and I discovered the name to this child ready?...

Bronx        Mowgli

Oh okay, waiit, waiiit waaaaiiiiitt. Wasn't Mowgli from the Jungle Book!? I loved that character, but why would someone think it is fun and/or cool to name their child anything they so please. I mean I know its their own child but if their name is Pete and Ashlee, a simple James, Michelle, or John could have sufficed. Only because they have status it is okay to name your child Zolten, Bronx, Pluto, Esophagus? 

"Peaches Geldof, daughter of Irish singer and Live Aid creator Bob Geldof, has sisters Fifi Trixibelle and Pixie. In 2006, she told Australia’s The Advertiser in 2006: “I hate ridiculous names. My weird name has haunted me all my life.”
-A.M. Lewin Today Show Contributor

SUCKS huh? HAH

I know you're like HOLD UP, didn't you just write an article on names?! Yes well I sure did. And I won't discount the fact that MAYBE this child has a chance at stardom. Just like her mommy, she can grow up and foreshadow her mother, just as her mother did to her older sister. There has to be a barrier between unique and inane. Yet who knows? Bronx may become the next hit drummer, or lead singer of to a band of misfits. Or he just may be teased and laughed at... that's IF kids still watch the Jungle Book anymore.

No comments: