11.17.2008

Mixtape for Obama

Want to know what is more encouraging to me than voiced words? These selected titles, and seriously check them out. I wrote my last cover letter and resume while they were playing in the background and I felt so empowered, so rejuvenated, and so confident. Crazy eh? Maybe, or maybe it is a boost I need, I mean shit, I'm a starving, struggling artist ever little tid-bit helps. In fact I think I will put them on repeat, therefore, I can get a great deal of writing accomplished today. The title I have been listening to is "He's Back" by Danny Elfman and "the Spiderman Theme Song" by Danny Elfman and "Arrival to Earth" by Steve Jablonsky. Created and constructed to near perfection, although they are depicting a moment in a movie, they exude strength, valor, honor, pride and that urge to keep going on. Well, that's exactly what some of us need. I wish I could make a playlist for Obama, that way when doubt and uncertainty cross his path, he can close his eyes and listen to the tracks to make him feel strong again. There will be moments when he will question himself, and the matters of the country. My music would tame the negativity; just as they have tamed the doubts that keep trying to resurface in my life.

No comments: