11.05.2008

Let's take a ride

Nothing was more refreshing than the extent of my early afternoon. Discussing the matters of events preceding the subject will be in another blog. Plainly stated, yesterday was the beginning to wonderful, (I told you November was going to be a great month, unlike its predecessor). I took my pearly lex on a decent road trip in order to investigate an employment opportunity. Although the interview went well, choosing the job would not have been of sound judgement. My father tagged along for the trip and while we journeyed to and from home, the sights were nothing less than amazing. A background of red and orange plastered on a grey canvas, as that set the stage for an enjoyable ride I cycled through music varying from Madeleine Peyroux, MGMT, and Nas. The last of my feature, Nas, was quite an amazing experience, I watched my father (who is seriously old-school) bob his head to the beat, and comment on how deep his lyrics are. Never have my father and I sat in any setting and revel in the rhythm of hip-hop. He sang along to some of the song's choruses and this moment was amazingly touching. What led to a perfect finish to our trip was the fact that "Black President" played right at the conclusion. "Yes we can, change the world (change the world!)... And though it seems heaven sent, we ain't ready to see a Black president." As we sang along I felt warmth and empowerment through Nas's visionary song. As many of you may, the end of the song ended with "It is my distinct honor  and privilege to introduce the next President of the United States: Barack Obama."

No comments: