11.14.2008

Wanna buy art!? hell no!

NO
   No thank you
       No soliciting
     Not interested
   Hell No
Not here
      Not allowed
            Get the fuck outta the building!

So, I have heard almost every version for a simple "no." After hearing it so often, I've become numb to the sound of the two letter word. Sometimes smiles are involved, other's just shake their head, but every-so-often there is that grumpy face that almost sears into your optimism. "Your next big sale is around the corner." My asss! Law of averages my ass... one of every ten. How about 0 for every 75, so maybe I am giving up on myself, maybe I am missing out on an opportunity to make some serious cash, but you know what?! I don't care. Everyone is not a sales person and I have a little morality in the issue, often I have my lil' conscience guy come up and say "they don't need this!" That's true, I am not selling something that is hot or in demand, its beautiful, but not everyone loves aren't, nor does everyone love poetry, pitching to everyone is not giving me strikes... I'm walking the whollllllle team. I'm sure I can weasel my way to success eventually, but I'm not an eventual guy, I want results. And the fact of the matter is I have none, for all the driving and time that I have been spending. So sucks to you if I give up...the only reason why you want to con me back into a position is because money is made off of me!!  anyways thats enough!

No comments: