9.17.2008

Ode to Fall

So, Fall has returned once again. Its inevitable grasp to introduce cold months back into our lives is a bit disheartening. For some, school begins, returning to the righteous path of continuous studies, essays and exams. Others (in our Northern states) do not bother to acknowledge that Fall is here, rather they concede that Winter is approaching. Rummaging through totes and boxes unearthing apparel to suit the anticipation; discovering scarves, coats and sweaters from seasons ago. I like Fall, her introduction is subtle, and purely an epitome to naturalistic change. Turning leaves, harvests, cool nights and shorter days.

For the past three years her embrace has been sort of a "smiles and cries," if you will. Never have I enjoyed her sweet touch, endured happiness and forgot about time then when she is around. She has brought me enjoyable, unforgettable, unregretful love. Appearing in a myriad of fashions, I am convinced that Fall

is a woman.

And I have fallen for her every year. Summer loves and Spring flings don't usually embrace me as I have seen others. There must be a misalignment in the stars because the cold months are my times for joy and pain. Last years experiences were marked as an all time pleasure high, more son on an interactive level. Yet, her (fall) previous years have led me to an inescapable grasp which I reluctantly entered. 

Me falling for Fall, or rather falling in the cold. Take that as you wish. But, her imminent return now has this soul pondering if  I should be apprehensive toward her. Should fall once again mark the territory to tormenting happiness and satisfying pain? I don't get her business, and I've been without her for sometime now, maybe it'd be better to refuse entry. 

As desiring and beautiful as I find her, maybe the best result for Fall is another "F" word. 

Friendship

Yet, I can't resist temptation nor can I see myself escaping to the hills as she enters, once again. 
    Unannounced yet expected. She is beauty defined and poetry personified. 

A rose, delicate and alluring, only once tightly grasped the pain inflicted reminds you to let go.

Ohhh Fall, welcome back.

2 comments:

Siana said...

Adorned in her jewels of reds, yellows, oranges and browns, Fall is one to be contended with. Spring and Winter glare in jealousy. Summer gawks as Fall delicately touches the verdant landscape she once created. All behold as her majestic presence overtakes the subjects of the former three ladies!

Thanks for inspiring me to think of Fall in a different way...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful writing. I am glad you finally got a blog going off facebook.