9.17.2008

Times are changing

Change

and 

Choice (the choice to change).

So, this has been in my head since I heard the quote yesterday. "I can change; no really, I'm sorry, I can work on this and I will change Turk." This coming from the newest movie "Righteous Kill," which was pretty decent, but it reminded me of that show Dexter. Nonetheless I couldn't abstain from viewing another Pacino and DeNiro flick, could you??

Change & Choice. Do you think we as a human can change for someone? I know it's in our ability to transform, ultimately changing, because of a situation, observation or phenomenon. Such as, discovering you have lung cancer, or your closest friend drinking and driving, so you choose to refrain from alcohol intake. Or catching some sort of virus and sex looses its sexy appeal. Those transformations usually are situational ones, but I'm not really referring to changing for those reasons. I'm more interested in our capability to change behaviorally, for someone (or ourselves). I know its possible.. I know. You can lose up to 300 pounds, yeah cause your more prone to die. You can stop smoking, because your breath smells and you and there is a dark spot on your x-ray. BUT,...

What about the guy who cheats, and I mean consistently can't stop cheating? The woman he finds is crazy about him and he is mutual with the emotion. DO you think SHE can bring about the change? I guess it remains in our menatility to overcome certain things. The woman in the move claimed she could change; she was very harsh, cold, and apathetic toward the man she had been sleeping with. The next day she apologized and said she could change. I think it takes time and time plus motivation to do something like that. She couldn't just be nice the next time they had sex, she wouldn't want to, if she did, she'd be faking it. So change, can we choose to change. If you were someone who had low self esteem and did not think confidently, besides plastic surgery or a life changing event, could you administer change upon yourself? I need an example on that, besides outer looks being the means to their change. This blog could go forever on what I have to say... but I just want to know the nature in men to change, and by men i mean humans. 

It's easy to change habits as a child, we're growing, but hitting twenty.three - twenty.four it takes a lot to change. 

I wonder if I can change some things about myself? I wonder if you could change me?

No comments: