9.27.2008

Eat your veggies

Tommy brought an interesting point this evening. (And this evening I mean 9/24, I write ahead) He said he never ate his vegetables. Okay, I can understand, as a kid, he just refused them and never got in the habit of eating veggies. Well, how long can a human possible survive without them? I'm not into the factual data involved in discussing the matter, but if you want to enlighten me, then go right ahead.

The thing is...
Who said we HAVE to have vegetables? Are the must to long lasting survival because if not, WHY DID YOU TRICK ME?? Tommy stated to me, "You know I never ate veggies. I grew up during the war, so all our vegetables went to the soldiers. It wasn't like I refused them, they just weren't accessible, so I never ate 'em." Fair enough point, how else could he have his proper "green" intake, and if you aren't used to them while growing up, we all know its hard to change as an adult.

You want to know the real reason he hasn't eaten vegetables to date. Well he says why in the fuck should he eat them now, they just say to eat them because they'll keep you from eating other things. Wow, good point, this Scot is a quick one. As much as I think our past three beers may have guided that response, he has a point. Think of it, (and I know plenty of you factual individuals can prove me wrong), but he said, "veggies keep you from eating more starch, more sweets, more carbs, that are detrimental to our health. But, veggies don't have anything in them, except water! So, I'll have another glass!" What a guy! Yet, i couldn't escape the thought that maybe he had an argument. What has a piece of celery, carrot or lettuce done for my body? It has filled me up, and taken the place of an extra serving of macaroni. So maybe my old friend is right, for a guy who NEVER has veggies (i'm talking about no lettuce or tomatoes n a burger, just plain) he has been getting around pretty good.


Then again, it's not going to stop me.

No comments: