9.20.2008

Too cool for them, to nerdy for others

Today as I'm driving down the road, cruising at a formable speed. I was thinking about groupings, and categories. An image of the Jonas brothers popped in my head, and then it switched to an old album cover from Dj Paul (of Three-6-Mafia). I released a brief chuckle and thought where does Th3rd fit. Rather where would Louis be grouped?

I constructed (in my head) a list of things I enjoy:

Snowboarding
Poetry
Cars
Football
Movies
Music (could write something all on music alone)
-Rock -R&B
-Indie -Hip-Hop
-Jazz -Classical
-Motown hits and various others
Theatre

Within those categories there are usually a general type of people that follow each popular item. And I have yet to see the A7X fan in an American Eagle shirt with Nike's on. Luckily I have friends in almost every category, which makes enjoying them even more enjoyable. But I realized one thing, my ex girlfriend called me a dork and I laughed it off. Yet, I can't help but to think she's right. I am one. The thing is I'm too cool for the dorks. And I'm too dorky for the cool people. I"m in the grey area of the spectrum of black and white. As a matter of fact, I remain in color. While others see things in black and white. I'm the cool dork... the nerdy cool guy... I'm just Th3rd.

No comments: