4.04.2009

1/30

Okay, A friend (MeaLee) informed me about Roger Bonair-Agard (Def Poet!) challenged poets to participate in 30 pieces in 30 days, since it is National Poetry Event. If you're a poet pick up your pen. I have to break four off today. They won't be sweet but it'll be fun!

Alright, cut the music
don't need anything to break the silence
not even the violence down the street
the sirens that compete with bullet sprays
even on beautiful days, such as this
and all i wish is for silence
a moment to hear the breeze
a chance to hear cracks in my knees as i kneel down to pray
begging for more silence
peace to find peace of mind and cease to grind for petty matters
climb up the metaphysical ladder and hear laughter
see smiles
take a view like one from an innocent child
I just need silence
so all i hear are clicks
and thoughts and clicks in between thoughts so letters punched in sound like rhythms from mind to matter
the silence shouts my thoughts and they hurl meanings at which I attempt to grasp
and attempt to last in this world, so loud with depression
so strong in crying out hate
silently wait
and allow me to think
think past the masks and fronts of what we see
think about what the world can bring
and not what is able to be taken
silence can't be heard over the hatin'
just one moment of pure quiet
stop being so defiant
I just want to write

No comments: