4.25.2009

25/30

5 days to go
5 more days
5 more days and my mind won't be a slave
yet I feel saved because i'm voluntarily involved in the cause to keep writing
and the constant motivation to keep reciting
5 more days means 120 hours
In which time has the opportunity to devour human existence
or disturb the peace in India
Bomb a village in Africa
Starve a child in Asia
In five days I lost a job
In five days I gained a job
I wrote six poems and incorrectyl spelled twelve words
In five days I ran out of gas and found out I didnt pass that dreaded literature class
shit I didn't even pass a praxis and I lack this ability to grasp standardized concepts
In five days my head felt like it was going to burst
My car's brakes failed and I slammed into a hearse
In five days I lied twenty times and laughed two-hundred and sixty-seven
cried twice and talked to myself more than I remember
five days allowed me ample time to watch favorite movies and ignore phone calls
In five days I used a whole pen up and ran outta printer ink
yet I used to think
and forget
5 days I allowed sweat to accumulate and sweat
I accumulated much more debt
5 days allowed a civilian to land a jet
and another one to lose four bets
five days is a lot of time
5 days I could write the breakthrough rhyme
5 days could be my moment to shine
so 5 days is only 5 days, but five days IS only five days.

No comments: