4.21.2009

21/30

As poets
Writers
Wordsmiths
Spoken-word artists

You have to possess a particular confidence
when it comes to conquering public presentation
sometimes the whole arrangement can cause tension
did I mention nerves
butterflies & the latter
To some it clearly doesn’t matter, climbing up a success ladder
With an escalator
Where as others climb legless

Poetry can encompass a union of thoughts
Artistically conveyed from our artistic display
You know this
I called poetry “the non-winning race”
‘cause as we chase letters and capture them for meaning
capturing attention, (which can be a beast to pacify)

I’m just an ordinary guy
I work hard for words
Respect them
And I project them with poetic inflection
So I try my best then to instigate direction,
Expectin’ to be received
Regardless of poetic reign

At no point in time shall I feel shame
Never should I want to keep thoughts closed
Poetry is the means to expose to those
You know and you don’t
Poetry makes you feel at home
When any other time you won’t

And respect!?
Respect for subduing anxiety
Respect for hiding the
Fact that I’m scared shitless to recite words from off this page
All eyes on me,
Shouldn’t feel as if Ima be booed off the stage.

I’ve seen a poetic arrogance
I’ve always wanted a mentor, a brother, someone to steer my way
But, when I look around today
I see no support for new entrants
I guess people don’t get breaks on their entrance
So walking hard is the only way out
Instead of investing doubt.
Throw up support
I feel old enough to walk
Grown enough to talk
But as I speak; an inner child overcomes
Maybe I’m humble or half dumb
But I know I’m proud
‘cause I open my mouth and words fall out
as I flip minds & twist them
tie - dying breeds of poets cry lost thoughts to echo in my writing

this is for unity, not for fighting
even though mind slams
command the social circuit
but it’s not a social circus
if a ring leader exists point them out with your pens
‘cause there should be no reigning leader of words
I’ll assemble my family of letters and denote them with verbs
Cu them with consonants
Destroy them with diction
Regardless of the fiction
Forgo the whippin’, we’re not poetic slaves

All I’m sayin is poetry needs no hate
With all the lack of unity, yet an intention to congregate
Lets familiarize ourselves with a poet with no name
Lets take in a friend and begin to spread love with our pens

No comments: