4.04.2009

3/30

Loose words make up sentences according to my life
like promises seem to emphasize misses
They've missed their mark and missed the start to their meaning
Am I cynical for not believing in the words from my peers?
They are as much words as they are letters and the letters mean nothing solely independent from their tone and combination
Still the words mean nothing, so if they're meant to mean nothing
why do I as well as other hold on to something as if clinging to life support
the common retort is the uncommon excuse
a use for their time was better spent then being in the company of mine
I'm always fine and I'm never crying when promises are not kept
I've swept their dirt under rugs and place ear plugs to bounce their meaningless statements from my life
Still I do wonder, why say something with no intention of backing
I mean if your motivation to uphold is lacking, no need for backtracking on words holding potency as faint
as watered down beer
maybe that wasn't so clear
but what I mean is, I don't become offended when words intended
for actions are just distractions for inconvenient excuses
it's useless to do this
and you knew this
yet it's done
weak words heard all week

No comments: